The TRUNC function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return a number truncated to a specified number of digits.
The TRUNC function syntax is:
x is a number to truncate.
number-digits is a number of decimal places to display. It is an optional argument. If omitted, the function will assume it to be 0.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the TRUNC function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the TRUNC function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page