The SUMSQ function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to add the squares of numbers and return the result.
The SUMSQ function syntax is:
where argument-list is up to 30 numeric values entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the SUMSQ function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the SUMSQ function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas or select a range of cells with the mouse,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page