The MMULT function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return the matrix product of two arrays and display the first value of the returned array of numbers.
The MMULT function syntax is:
where array1, array2 is an array of numbers.
Note: if any of the cells in the array contain empty or non-numeric values, the function will return the #N/A error.
If the number of columns in array1 is not the same as the number of rows in array2, the function will return the #VALUE! error.
To apply the MMULT function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the MMULT function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page