The ATAN2 function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return the arctangent of x and y coordinates.
The ATAN2 function syntax is:
where x, y are the x and y coordinates of a point, numeric values entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the ATAN2 function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the ATAN2 function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page