The CEILING function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to round the number up to the nearest multiple of significance.
The CEILING function syntax is:
x is the number you wish to round up,
significance is the multiple of significance you wish to round up to,
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
Note: if the values of x and significance have different signs, the function returns the #NUM! error.
To apply the CEILING function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the CEILING function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page