Select worksheet elements
- To select a single cell, tap it once.
- To select a range of cells, tap a cell and expand the selection dragging one of the cell selection handles that appear at the upper-left and lower-right corners of the cell.
- To select a single row/column, tap its heading.
- To select multiple rows/columns, tap a row/column heading and drag green selection handles .
- To select the whole worksheet, tap the button located in the upper-left corner at the intersection of row and column headings.
Select and enter data within a cell
- To select all the contents within a cell, double-tap the cell.
- To select a part of data within a cell, double-tap the cell, then double-tap a piece of data in the cell and drag the selection handles.
To start editing the cell contents, you can double-tap the cell or tap the cell once and then tap the Formula bar.
To position the cursor within a cell precisely, touch the data within the cell and hold until the magnifying glass appears to help you position the cursor. Without lifting your finger, drag it to the position where you want to place the insertion point.
You can also work with the cell contents using the Formula bar above the worksheet. Once you select a cell that already contains data, the contents of the selected cell will be displayed in the Formula bar. To expand it, tap the arrow button on the right. Double-tap a piece of data in the Formula bar and drag the selection handles to select the necessary part.
Tap at the end of the contents in the Formula bar to access the pop-up menu that includes the following options: Select, Select All, Paste.
To move the insertion point you can use the cell navigation keys on the numeric keyboard. You can switch to the numeric keyboard, tapping the '123' icon on the switcher located to the right of the sheet navigation panel above the on-screen keyboard. Arrow keys move the insertion point one cell in any direction (right/left/up/down).
You can insert additional characters using a long tap on the keys with a green mark at the upper-right corner. The variation list will appear above the key.
Cut, copy, paste data
To cut, copy and paste text passages/objects/data in a row/column within the current spreadsheet use the corresponding options from the pop-up menu that appears when a text passage/object/row/column is selected:
- Cut – select data and use the Cut option from the pop-up menu to delete the selection and send it to the clipboard memory. The cut data can be later inserted to another place in the same spreadsheet.
- Copy – select data and use the Copy option from the pop-up menu to copy the selection to the clipboard memory. The copied data can be later inserted to another place in the same spreadsheet.
- Paste – find the place in your spreadsheet where you need to paste the previously copied data and use the Paste option from the pop-up menu.
The data will be inserted at the current cursor position. The data can be previously copied from the same spreadsheet.