The PROPER function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to convert the first character of each word to uppercase and all the remaining characters to lowercase.
The PROPER function syntax is:
where text is data entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the PROPER function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the PROPER function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page