The EXACT function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to compare data in two cells. The function returns TRUE if the data are the same, and FALSE if not.
The EXACT function syntax is:
where text1(2) is data entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the EXACT function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the EXACT function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
Note: the EXACT function is case-sensitive.
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
There are two arguments: text1 = A1; text2 = B1, where A1 is MyPassword, B1 is mypassword. So the function returns FALSE.
If we change the A1 data converting all the uppercase letters to lowercase, the function returns TRUE:
Return to previous page