The LEN/LENB function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to analyse the specified string and return the number of characters it contains. The LEN function is intended for languages that use the single-byte character set (SBCS), while LENB - for languages that use the double-byte character set (DBCS) like Japanese, Chinese, Korean etc.
The LEN/LENB function syntax is:
where string is a data entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the LEN/LENB function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the LEN/LENB function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page