The DOLLAR function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to convert a number to text, using a currency format $#.##.
The DOLLAR function syntax is:
DOLLAR(number [, num-decimal])
number is any number to convert.
num-decimal is a number of decimal places to display. If it is omitted, the function will assume it to be 2.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the DOLLAR function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the DOLLAR function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page