The CONCATENATE function is one of the text and data functions. Is used to combine the data from two or more cells into a single one.
The CONCATENATE function syntax is:
CONCATENATE(text1, text2, ...)
where text1(2) is up to 265 data values entered manually or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the CONCATENATE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Text and data function group from the list,
- click the CONCATENATE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
There are two arguments: text1 = A1, text2 = B1, where A1 is John, B1 is Adams. So the function will combine the first and the last name into one cell and return the result John Adams.
Return to previous page