Insert a table
- place the cursor where you want the table to be put,
- tap the
icon at the top toolbar, to open the new object insertion panel,
Table tab is activated by default. Select one of the available table templates. Each template combines certain formatting parameters, such as a background color, border style, row/column banding etc. Swipe right or left to see more templates.
The 3 by 4 cell table with the corresponding style applied will be added. Now you can change its properties and position.
Tap within a cell to place the insertion point in it and start entering data. To select a cell, tap it. To select a range of cells, tap a cell and drag the selection handles.
To add or delete rows or columns, select a cell within the necessary row/column or the whole row/column and use the corresponding options from the pop-up menu.
Adjust the table settings
- select the table by tapping on it,
- open the Table Settings panel by
- tapping the
icon at the top toolbar, or
- tapping the Table option in the pop-up menu,
- tap the arrow next to the necessary menu item: Table Options, Style or Wrap.
The Table Options section contains the following options:
- Repeat as Header Row - is used to insert the same header row at the top of each page in long tables.
- Resize to Fit Contents - enables automatic change of each column width in accordance with the text within its cells.
- CELL MARGINS - the space between the text within the cells and the cell border used by default. The value can be altered by dragging the slider.
The Style section contains the following three tabs:
The Wrap section allows to select a text wrapping style from the available ones and adjust some additional positioning options. To learn more, please refer to the Change text wrapping section of this guide.