The NETWORKDAYS function is one of the date and time functions. It is used to return the number of the work days between two dates (start date and end-date) excluding weekends and dates considered as holidays.
The NETWORKDAYS function syntax is:
NETWORKDAYS(start-date, end-date [,holidays])
start-date is a number representing the first date of the period, entered using the Date function or other date and time function.
end-date is a number representing the last date of the period, entered using the Date function or other date and time function.
holidays are optional arguments entered manually as a list of serial numbers or included into the cells you make reference to.
To apply the NETWORKDAYS function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Date and time function group from the list,
- click the NETWORKDAYS function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page