The TIMEVALUE function is one of the date and time functions. It is used to return the serial number of a time.
The TIMEVALUE function syntax is:
where date-time-string is a value entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the TIMEVALUE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Date and time function group from the list,
- click the TIMEVALUE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page