Control Panel changelog
Release date: 01/13/2018
- Fixed the
Invalid ssoConfig error which occurred when the link to the IdP contained the question mark '?', e.g.:
IdP Single Sign-On Endpoint URL: https://accounts.google.com/o/saml2/idp?idpid=777777;
- Fixed the
Invalid authentication token error which prevented from adding a user to the portal using the AD FS, in case the
- characters were present when sending the encrypted data.
Release date: 12/15/2017
- Added the changelog for Control Panel and link to it;
- Fixed the bug when JWT parameters were not sent when updating Document Server(bug #36270);
- Fixed the bug when
Audit Trail heading was present at the login history page (bug #36026);
- The current machine is now checked for being linked with the domain name for multiple portals.
- Fixed the bug with the
LDAP Domain not found error which occurred if the DN record had no DC records (the users with Sun/Oracle DS were affected); now if the LDAP domain could not be specified, the LDAP domain will acquire the
unknown value or the
ldap.domain value from the
web.appsettings.config configuration file;
- Fixed the bug with the
Sizelimit Exceeded error when trying to get more than 1000 users from the Active Directory;
- Increased the login speed with the Group Membership setting enabled;
- Added additional logging;
- Fixed the bug with LDAP operation hanging when using Mono v5.2.0 and older;
- Fixed the bug with the error when trying to login using the email address entered in the fields different from the
- Fixed the bug occurring in the enclosed groups, when the users were displayed not in all groups.
Release date: 10/31/2017
- Added the
documentserver-prepare4shutdown.sh script launch when updating the document-server for the correct edited document saving.
- Dramatically changed LDAP integration, migrated to the single library for the work with LDAP (Novell.Directory.Ldap.NETStandard, Nuget, MIT);
- Login and email are now split into two separate fields;
- Added the support for big data;
- Increased the work speed via the LDAP protocol (the connection to the server and receiving the data is now made once per session, added the limits when only a certain number of results is necessary, fixed the slow login for bit data, removed the sorting out used to find the SID parameter);
- Fixed the user re-creation issue;
- Fixed the duplicate username issue;
- Fixed the already existing email issue;
- Replaced the LDAP user deletion with account deactivation (for further data migration and data safety);
- Instead of re-creating a user with an unknown SID but an existing email the data is updated;
- Added the attempt to save the correct UserName/Login in case a similar one is already taken on the portal.
- Added the AD FS support;
- Replaced the Single Sign-on link at the authorization page with the customizable button, added the button customization to the SSO setting of the Control Panel.
Release date: 07/03/2017
- Added the support of letsencrypt service for the domain certificate generation.
- Added the new
- Added the new SSO settings page;
- Added the support for Shibboleth.
Release date: 05/25/2017
- The Control Panel migrated from
Release date: 12/05/2016
- Added LDAP synchronization for users and groups when saving the settings, after login and using the Sync button;
- Changed email formation for LDAP users;
- Fixed the problem of creation of users with invalid emails;
- Fixed the problem of duplicate users;
- Added icons and hints to the users in the list for the admin;
- Blocked for editing the user profile fields imported using LDAP;
- Added the real LDAP password saving to the database during login in case LDAP Auth is disabled, now the LDAP users will become common portal users when LDAP Auth is disabled;
- Added new API Settings method - Sync LDAP;
- Added new translations;
- Bug fixes.
- Made changes at the Update page for the Control Panel for Windows;
- Updates are performed using the downloaded installation packages for each module.
- The current installed component version numbers are obtained via API request to the Community Server.
- The new versions available for download are obtained via the request to the http://download.onlyoffice.com/install/windows/updates.txt file, where all the latest component version numbers and links for their download are stored in the JSON format.
If you want to use the online office under your own brand, you can easily replace branding elements used in the online office interface with your own ones. The Rebranding feature provided by the Control Panel allows you to use your company name in the text elements (such as tooltips, message boxes etc.) as well as replace the default favicon and logos with your own logo.
To access Control Panel, sign in to your portal and click the 'Control Panel' link on the Start Page. Alternatively, you can go to the portal 'Settings' and click the 'Control Panel' link on the left-side panel.
Bare Bones Instructions
- In the Control Panel, open the Rebranding page.
- Enter your Company name in the text entry field to change all the titles and messages in the online office interface where the default value is used replacing it with the one you specified. Click the USE AS LOGO button to the right of the entry field if you want to use your company name as a text logo (instead of an image logo) - all the logos below will change correspondingly.
- Replace all the image Logos which appear in the online office:
We recommended that you use images in the PNG format with a transparent background. To improve your logos legibility and make their outline clearly distinguishable, you also need to optimize them for use on dark or light backgrounds. The image sizes must strictly correspond to the sizes specified next to each logo.
- Logo for the editor headers (172x40) - this logo appears in the upper left corner of the online editors launched.
- Logo for mail notification messages (432x70) - this logo appears in the upper left corner of email notifications about the portal events.
- Logo for the portal header (284x46) - this logo appears in the upper left corner of every portal page.
- Logo for the About/Login page and editor embedded mode (432x70) - this logo appears on the Sign In page of the portal, the About page (user profile -> About this program) and in the upper left corner of your portal documents embedded into web pages.
- Favicon (32x32) - this logo appears in the address bar or tab of a web browser when the portal is opened in it, or on the bookmarks panel if you've added the portal address to the bookmarks.
Click the CHANGE button to the right of the logo you want to replace. In the window that opens, browse for the necessary image file and click the Open button. The image will be loaded and displayed in the corresponding Logo field.
- click the SAVE button at the bottom of the page to make the parameters you set take effect.
To return to the default settings, click the RESTORE DEFAULT button.