Document Server is an online office suite comprising viewers and editors for texts, spreadsheets and presentations, fully compatible with Office Open XML formats: .docx, .xlsx, .pptx and enabling collaborative editing in real time. If you decide to deploy Document Server on your server, first of all you need to download the latest version of Document Server available at Github and SourceForge and select one of the following files:
- ONLYOFFICE_DocumentServer_Win-src.v2.5.0.zip - a source code that you need to compile. It can be customized and improved under the GNU AGPL v.3 license.
- ONLYOFFICE_DocumentServer_Win-install.v3.0.exe - the express installation file that allows to skip compilation stage and install Document Server onto your server. You just need to run the appropriate .exe file and Document Server will be installed.
General system requirements and recommendations are (for Document Server version 3.0 and later):
dual-core 2 GHz or better
2 GB or more
at least 2 GB of free space
Microsoft Windows 8, Microsoft Windows 8.1 and later, Microsoft Windows Server 2012(R2) and later
- Microsoft .NET Framework: version 3.5;
- Internet Information Services: version 7 or later;
- MySQL Server: version 5.1 or later;
- Node.js: version 0.10.x (32-bit version);
- Python: version 2.7;
- Microsoft Visual Studio C++ 2010 Express;
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC Security Update (32-bit version);
- Web Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 or later, latest versions of Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, Google Chrome.
If you want to use Document Server together with Community Server, they must be installed on two different machines.
This guide will show you how to deploy Document Server without efforts.