Document Server changelog
Release date: 03/13/2017
- Added the possibility to completely hide About and the left toolbar (available to the licensed users only).
- Fixed the issue when the JWT token without the permissions field crashes
Release date: 02/20/2017
- Fixed the default top position for the toolbar.
- Fixed the availability of the chat and comments buttons for the editors without the license file.
- Fixed the problem with JWT access tokens.
Release date: 02/14/2017
- The Polish language translations for functions.
- Fixed the wrong order of elements in equations (bug #34029).
Release date: 02/06/2017
- Fixed entering the characters with diacritical symbols (bug #33908)
- Fixed the horizontal scroll when using a trackpad (bug #27197)
- Allowed the interface customization using the plugins.
- Minor fixes for logging and status codes.
Release date: 02/01/2017
- Prevent editors from performing the save operation if there are no changes to save.
- Fixed error occurring when assembling files with Ranges in some rare cases.
- Fixed errors occurring when converting from the
XLSX to the
- Fixed server compilation if the
BUILD_NUMBER variables are not defined.
Release date: 01/16/2017
- Fixed a rare problem occurring when saving a file with a specific chart type.
- Fixed a problem occurring when saving a file with the notes copied from Document Editor;
- Fixed a problem occurring when saving a file with a chart copied from Presentation Editor.
- Fixed a problem occurring when opened connection was not closed with close command received while performing some asynchronous actions.
Release date: 01/09/2017
- Fixed the problem with the changes missing when several users enter the text at the same time (bug #33726)
- Fixed the bug with the cursor positioning after the
InsertContent function is used.
- Fixed the
Match formula return value in some cases (bug #33735).
- Fixed the missing
Asana-Math font in the default installation, needed for equations.
Release date: 12/23/2016
- Fixed the usage of functions with references to the other sheets.
- Fixed the timeout error appearing while printing some
- Fixed the problem with conversion to
PDF format when only the first document page was converted.
- Without a valid license file the chat and comment buttons are unavailable, as well as editing the customer information and the logo image at the editor header is not allowed.
Release date: 12/21/2016
- Fixed the problem with opening password-protected presentations.
Release date: 12/06/2016
- Fixed the broken Insert number of page button;
- Fixed the problem with the last hieroglyph duplicate;
- Fixed the problem with changing the chart type from 2D to 3D (bug #33284).
- Fixed the problem with an empty cell when changing sparklines (bug #33598).
- Improved compatibility with the
Release date: 12/01/2016
- Added the possibility to set a dash type for shapes;
- Redesigned the embedded viewers;
- Better support of HiDPI systems;
- Update bootstrap to version 3.3.7.
- Added the possibility to set Fit to Page or Fit to Width as a default zoom value;
- Ability to insert number of pages into the document;
- Added the possibility to open and edit footnotes;
- Remade version history. Added the possibility to hide minor features.
- Added the possibility to insert equations in Spreadsheet Editor;
- Added the possibility to open and edit sparklines;
- Added a new SUMIFS function;
- Added the possibility to select data from the drop-down menu in the context menu;
- Added a multiselection support;
- Added the rotation of 3D charts;
- Updated and improved the visual styles for all chart types;
- Brought back the Freeze Panes option in the View Settings menu;
- Added the new algorithm for calculating a cell height.
- Added the possibility to set Fit to Width as a default zoom value;
- Added the possibility to insert equations in Presentation Editor.
- Updated nodejs from version 4.2.0 to the current LTS release: 6.9.1.
Release date: 11/03/2016
- Minor fix for a better license compatibility with the Hide Menu functionality.
Release date: 11/01/2016
Release date: 10/26/2016
- Added the possibility to hide the menu bars in the editors using the config.
Release date: 10/13/2016
- Fixed copy-paste on MacOS Sierra.
- Fixed the image load and OLE problems;
- Viewers do not show plugins any more.
Release date: 10/07/2016
- ipfilter can use dns to lookup.
Release date: 09/28/2016
- Sample plugins are enabled by default.
Release date: 09/22/2016
- Switched to using PostgreSQL instead of MySQL on back-end;
- Added the possibility to filter users using ipfilter.
- Added whole new code handling text input. Better support for languages which use hieroglyphs;
- Added whole new copy-paste which is better compatible with external sources.
- Improvements in opening of all supported formats.
- A lot small bugfixes in all product modules.
Release date: 08/04/2016
- Added the possibility to use full-toolbar mode in the editors with a standard license. Previously the users of standard license were forced to use compact toolbar only.
Release date: 08/03/2016
- Fixed losing comments on second and subsequent worksheets (bug #32895);
- Fixed losing empty values of data with format different from General in the autofilter (bug #32805).
Sometimes you might want to add additional fonts or language spellchecking support to Document Server to enhance the work with the editors. That can be done quite easily.
Bare Bones Instructions
Installing new fonts
By default Document Server uses embedded free fonts (true type only in
.ttf format) from the operating system where Document Server is installed. If you whould like to use additional fonts you can do the following:
- Install the font by copying it to
/usr/share/fonts/ (to the computer with Document Server installed).
- Open the
- Run the documentserver-generate-allfonts.sh file.
- Clear the browser cache and reopen the page.
Adding new language spellchecking support
Document Server uses Hunspell compatible format spellchecking service. This allows to easily increase the number of supported languages, which is limited by default. To add a language you will need the following:
- Put the language both affix (
.aff) and dictionary (
.dic) files in the Hunspell format to the
For Spanish it will be es_ES folder:
- Restart the spellchecker service:
sudo supervisorctl restart SpellCheckerService
Document Server always has a certain set of fonts with it. When installed it will check the presence of the following font files in the system:
When a document is opened for the first time, Document Server will check which fonts are present in the document and uploads it from the computer with Document Server installation. In case the document contains fonts absent from the Document Server computer, it will upload the closest font substitute (the document layout and display might suffer from such substitution).
In case you want to limit the number of fonts uploaded from the system, you can do the following:
- delete fonts from the system and run the /usr/bin/documentserver-generate-allfonts.sh file, after that clear the browser cache and reopen the page (might ruin the original document layout and display);
- limit the number of fonts in documents used (using only most spread fonts: Times New Roman, Verdana, Tahoma, etc.);
- use compression (dynamic and static).