The Gantt chart is a bar chart where the horizontal axis represents the total amount of time you expect to spend on completing the project and the vertical axis represents the tasks you need to perform for completing this project on time. The horizontal bars of different length and colors show the sequence of tasks with the specified start and end dates. The horizontal lines mark the most important dates in the project progress (milestones).
ONLYOFFICE Gantt Chart gives you the panoramic view of all the project activities and their status:
- open task/milestone,
- closed task/milesone,
- overdue task/milestone.
By default, ONLYOFFICE Gantt Chart is divided into one day time increments and shows all the milestones and tasks created within this project. But you can easily adjust its view: change the timeline increments and select the chart objects to be hidden or shown to set the most convenient way to work.
To change the timeline increment, open the Timeline scale drop-down list in the upper right corner and select one of the available options: Days, Week, Month. Or, change the slider size of the scale bar at the top of the chart dragging its margins or using the mouse wheel:
To select the chart objects to be shown, use the left-side panel:
- to add or remove some projects from the chart use the
button in the upper left corner,
- to hide all the closed tasks and milestones from the chart, check the Open tasks and milestones only box right above the task list ,
- to hide the tasks and milestones of a certain project, click the downward arrow next to the project title,
- to hide the tasks assigned to a certain milestone, click the downward arrow next to the milestone title.
To select the activity details to be displayed at the left side panel:
- click the
button in the upper right corner of the left side panel,
- check the details you wish to be shown: Responsible, Start Date, End Date, Status, Priority,
- click the Apply button to display the selected details.
To hide the the details you don't need at the moment just close the unnecessary tabs using the cross icons.
When some detail tabs are activated, you can adjust the left side panel width using the simple drag-and-drop.