The TRANSPOSE function is one of the lookup and reference functions. It is used to return the first element of an array.
The TRANSPOSE function syntax is:
array is a reference to a range of cells.
To apply the TRANSPOSE function,
- select a cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Lookup and Reference function group from the list,
- click the TRANSPOSE function,
- select a range of cells with the mouse or enter it manually, like this A1:B2,
- press the Enter key.
The result will be displayed in the selected range of cells.
Return to previous page