The GESTEP function is one of the engineering functions. It is used to test if a number is greater than a threshold value. The function returns 1 if the number is greater than or equal to the threshold value and 0 otherwise.
The GESTEP function syntax is:
GESTEP(number [, step])
number is a number to compare with step.
step is a threshold value. It is an optional argument. If it is omitted, the function will assume step to be 0.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the GESTEP function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Engineering function group from the list,
- click the GESTEP function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page