The FLOOR.PRECISE function is one of the math and trigonometry functions. It is used to return a number that is rounded down to the nearest integer or to the nearest multiple of significance. The number is always rounded down regardless of its sing.
The FLOOR.PRECISE function syntax is:
FLOOR.PRECISE(x [, significance])
x is the number you wish to round down.
significance is the multiple of significance you wish to round down to. It is an optional parameter. If it is omitted, the default value of 1 is used. If it is set to zero, the function returns 0.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the FLOOR.PRECISE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Math and trigonometry function group from the list,
- click the FLOOR.PRECISE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page