Once you've added an email account to Mail or have created a mailbox right on the portal you can send and receive emails.
To send an email,
- click the Create New Email button in the upper left corner to open the page where you will be able to create a message,
In case you have several accounts, you need to select one to send a message. To do that, click the black arrow next to the From: field to open the drop-down list and select the necessary account.
You can set the default account on the Accounts management page of the Settings section. To do that, check the account you want to set as default for sending the emails.
- start typing the recipient email address or name in the To: filter field and choose the needed one from the list. The contacts stored in your address book that match the entered characters are displayed there as you type (i.e. your personal, CRM and portal contacts as well as email adresses you've already sent emails to).
You can send a message to more than one person. Select several addresses from the list one by one or enter multiple new addresses separated by commas. If an email address is entered incorrectly, the address block will be highlighted in red. To edit an address, double click the necessary address block. To delete an address from the To: field, click the icon.
When entering email addresses, you can also use common keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+A to select all address blocks or all content within the block being edited, Ctrl+C to copy the selected data, Ctrl+V to paste the previously copied data, Ctrl+Z to undo the last performed action, Ctrl+Y to redo the last undone action.
To send a copy to multiple addresses, use the Add copy link situated to the right of the To: field.
- enter a subject of your message in the Subject: field,
- write your message,
To format your message, insert a link or an image use the formatting toolbar located above the message body field.
- attach files,
You can attach documents from your local drive or Documents module to the message using the corresponding buttons under the message body field. Remember, that the file size must not exceed 15 MB and the total size of all files must not exceed 25 MB.
If the file size exceedes the allowed limit, you'll be suggested to send the attachment(s) as a link(s) to the needed document(s). In such case all the files you want to send will be saved in My Documents folder.
If you want to send links to some files from the Documents module instead of adding these files to your message as attachments, use the Attach files from Documents option. In a new window that opens, switch between the Documents module sections and folders, check the necessary documents in the list, make sure that the Attach links to files option is selected and click the Attach files button. If you have the Read Only access rights to a file from the Shared with me or Common Documents folder, you'll be prompted to copy the file to the My documents folder.
The links to the selected files will be inserted into your message body. When you click the Send button, you will be asked to set up access rights for all the files attached as links. When a recipient follow the link from your message, the document will open in the online viewer or editor depending on the access rights you have specified.
- assign a tag,
The tags are used to simplify the search and message organization. To assign a tag to the message, click the Add Tag button at the top of the message body field and select the necessary tag or create a new one.
- click the Send button.
To send your message later, click the Save button. Your message will be saved in the Drafts folder. To access your draft, just click the corresponding folder on the left-side menu.
Managing messages in the Inbox folder
In order to update the Inbox folder, just click the button. All the conversations which you haven't read yet are displayed next to the Inbox caption or over the icon. If you click the icon you'll see the list of new conversations/messages, click the See all link to open them in the inbox. The number of messages in one conversation is displayed next to the name of a sender, for example: .
If you do not want messages to group into conversations, go to the Settings section on the left-side menu, open the Common Settings page and uncheck the Enable Conversations option. If this setting is disabled, all emails and replies to them are displayed separately in the message list.
To organize the received emails,
- use the Filter field to view the conversations according to the selected criteria:
- Unread to display the conversations with unread messages;
- Read to display the conversations that have been read.
- Today to display the conversations of today;
- Yesterday to display the conversations of yesterday;
- Last week to display the conversations of last week;
- Custom period to display the conversations of the specified period.
- Important to display the flagged conversations;
- With attachment to display the conversations with attachment only;
- From sender to display the conversations of the specified sender;
- To mail address to display the conversations with a specified email address;
- With tag to display the conversations with a specified tag only;
- With calendar to display the conversations with calendar events only.
- mark the needed group of conversations All, Read, Unread, Important, With attachment, None or some necessary conversations from different groups and choose an appropriate operation:
- Delete - to move the selected conversation(s) to the Trash folder,
You can delete all the conversations from the Trash folder in one click. You only need to click the icon which appears when you hold the cursor on the Trash caption.
- Spam - to move the selected conversation(s) to the Spam folder,
Remember that it's impossible to restore the conversations deleted from the Spam folder.
- Mark as read - to mark the selected conversation(s) as read
- Mark as unread - to mark the selected conversation(s) as unread
- Add tag - to assign a selected or created tag to the selected conversation(s),
You can also use the conversation context menu to perform the desired operation. Check the necessary conversations, right click the selected area and choose the needed option: Mark as Read/Unread, Spam, Delete.
If you choose only one conversation, you'll see the advanced context menu. Choose one of the available options: Open, Open in new tab, Reply Reply All, Create Email to Sender, Forward, Mark as Read/Unread, Mark as Important, Print, Spam, Delete.
- add a flag to add a visual sign to the conversation,
- use Sort by option to view the conversations in the Inbox folder arranged by date.
Reading & printing messages
To read an email just click its subject.
When the conversation is open, by default, only the last sent or received message is shown. If you want to see all the messages of the conversation, click the Expand all link. If you want to hide them click the Collapse all link. You can pass from one open conversation to another using the Previous and Next links. Using the buttons situated above the message body field or the drop-down list, you can reply to the message, forward it, open it in a new tab, delete it, print, export it to CRM, mark it as unread, move it to the Spam folder, add a tag, link it with a CRM element, create a new personal or CRM contact on its base.
To print all the messages in the conversation, open it, click the More button on the top and select the Print all option. To print a single message from the conversation, click the corresponding Actions button on the right and select the Print option.
By default, images sent in a message are disabled for the security reasons. To see the images you need to press the Display images link. If you need to change display options click the Always display images from "name of a sender" caption. After you've applied this option all the images in a message sent by the chosen user will be displayed by default.
You can also go to the Settings section on the left-side menu, open the Common Settings page and use the Always display images from all option to enable or disable displaying images in all messages from all senders.
Working with attachments
The received email may contain attached files. Using Mail you can automatically save those files to any folder in the Documents module. To do that, you need to set up a folder for the attachments,
- go to the Settings section on the left-side menu and choose the Accounts Management option,
- click the icon to the right of the account you want to set up the folder for,
- choose the Folder for Attachments option and then the desired folder,
- click the OK button.
When the folder for attachments is set all the files attached to the future emails will be saved there.
You can easily Unlink or change the attachment folder following the steps described above. But please note, if you change the folder all the previously saved attachments won't be transferred to a new folder. The changes will be applied only to new emails.
Using the icon to the right of the attachment you also can:
- Download a file to your computer,
- View a file in your browser,
- Open a file (text file, spreadsheet or presentation) in document editor,
- Save a file to Documents module selecting the folder you need.