Maintaining a contact list within the CRM module it might happen that portal users add the same contact details several times. After finding duplicate contacts, you can eliminate them in a few easy steps. Please see the instructions below.
Bare Bones Instructions
To eliminate duplicate contacts, please follow the easy steps below:
- Enter your portal using your login details.
- Click the CRM link on the start page.
- The contacts list will open by default.
- Find the duplicate of the original contact in the list using the available filters.
- Click the needed contact to open it.
- Press the icon and select the This is a duplicate option.
- In the opened 'Merge Contacts' window, find the original contact.
- Click the Start Merging Contacts button.
After that the both contact details will be merged under the caption of the original contact.
Can every portal user perform this operation?
To get rid of the duplicate of the original contact, you need to have administrator rights or have access to both the original contact and its duplicate.