Found out that you need some more fields to enter additional data concerning your contacts in the contact list, opportunities you create or cases you organize? It's easy! Just read this tip to learn how to add user fields.
Bare Bones Instructions
To add a new field, please follow the easy steps below:
- Enter your portal using your login details.
- Click the CRM link on the start page.
- Click the Settings option at the left-side panel, then choose the Other settings section and click the User Fields item.
- Open one of the available user field lists clicking the Both Person & Company, Just for Person, Just for Company, Opportunities or Cases link depending on the section you want to add a new field to.
- Click the New Field button.
- A window will open introducing the form you need to fill in: enter a name for the new field in the Title area and select a field type in the Type drop-down list: text, text area, select box (i.e. drop-down list), checkbox, title (under which several user fields will be combined) or date (that will include a calendar).
- In case you selected the Text type, you will also need to set the field size entering a number of characters in the 'Size' area.
- In case you selected the Text Area type, you will also need to set the field size entering certain numbers in the 'Lines' and 'Columns' areas.
- In case you selected the Select Box type, you will also need to set the choices adding the needed options.
You can edit the user field 'Title' no matter how many persons or companies already have it filled out. To do that click the Settings
option, then choose the Other settings
section and click the User fields
item. Choose the user field that you want to edit, click the
icon next to the required user field and select the Edit Field
option. In the opened window introduce the new 'Title' and click the Save changes
- Click the Save button.
The newly created user field will be added to the corresponding user field list.
How to delete the added user field?
To delete a user field, open the appropriate user field list clicking the 'Both Person & Company', 'Just for Person', 'Just for Company', 'Opportunities' or 'Cases' link. Click the icon next to the needed user field and select the Delete Field option.
Please bear in mind that you can delete a user field only in case there are no contacts, opportunities or cases with this field yet. Once a contact, opportunity or case is created and this field is filled out, you won't be able to delete this user field any more.