As soon as all the components are installed, you can proceed to the main program installation. The Community Server Setup Wizard will be launched automatically. Click the Next > button to start the installation process.
Read the GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE carefully and check the I accept the terms in the License Agreement option if you agree with them. Then click the Next > button.
By default Community Server will be installed to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Ascensio System SIA\ONLYOFFICE\. If needed you can change it clicking the Browse button and selecting the necessary folder on your computer. Then click the Next > button.
Configure the MySQL connection settings. Leave the default parameters for Server, Port and Username (these are the parameters you set during the MySQL database installation). And enter your MySQL password (the password you used while installing the MySQL database).
Please note that you will be not able to change these parameters at this step in case you opt to install MySQL Server during the prerequisites installation as they will be set to default.
The name displayed in the Database field -
onlyoffice - is used to identify this database when it is opened by any third party application. So you can change it and enter any other name you like. Then click the Next > button.
If the password you enter is incorrect, the pop-up window with the following error message will be displayed:
Return to the previous step, verify the MySQL connection settings.
Here you can view instructions on how to configure MySQL if it is already installed on your computer for proper operation with Community Server
We'll explain the configuration process by the example of MySQL v. 5.1.
- In the MySQL Server Instance Configuration Wizard, leave the Detailed configuration option checked and click Next.
- On the next screen, check the Server Machine option and click Next.
- Check the Transactional Database Only option and click Next.
- View the default drive where the InnoDB datafile should be placed. You can choose another drive and specify a directory on it. If the database was previously installed on this computer, the path can be disabled. Click Next.
- Check the Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) option and click Next.
- Leave the default networking options (i.e. the Enable TCP/IP Networking and Enable Strict Mode options should be checked and the Port Number value should be set to 3306). Click Next.
- Check the Manual Selected Default Character Set / Collation option and choose the UTF8 character set from the list. Click Next.
- Leave the default Windows options (the Install as Windows Service and Launch the MySQL Server automatically options should be checked). Click Next.
- In the Modify Security Settings section:
- enter and confirm your root password. If the password has been previously set, three entry fields will appear. Type in your current password, a new password and the new password confirmation.
- check the Enable root access from remote machines box in case the MySQL Server and Community Server are installed on different computers.
- On the next screen, click the Execute button, wait while the MySQL Server instance is being configured and press Finish.
As soon as the connection is established, click the Install button to start the installation process. It may take several minutes.
Once the installation process is completed, click the Finish button to launch Community Server.
You will be redirected to the welcome page of your portal.