The ISEVEN function is one of the information functions. It is used to check for an even value. If the cell contains an even value, the function returns TRUE. If the value is odd, it returns FALSE.
The ISEVEN function syntax is:
where number is a value to test entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
Note: if number is a nonnumeric value, ISEVEN returns the #VALUE! error value.
To apply the ISEVEN function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Information function group from the list,
- click the ISEVEN function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page