The ISERR function is one of the information functions. It is used to check for an error value. If the cell contains an error value (except #N/A), the function returns TRUE, otherwise the function returns FALSE.
The ISERR function syntax is:
where value is a value to test entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the ISERR function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Information function group from the list,
- click the ISERR function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page