The IMSUB function is one of the engineering functions. It is used to return the difference of two complex numbers expressed in x + yi or x + yj form.
The IMSUB function syntax is:
complex-number-1 is a complex number from which complex-number-2 is to be subtracted.
complex-number-2 is a complex number to subtract from complex-number-1.
The values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the IMSUB function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Engineering function group from the list,
- click the IMSUB function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page