The IMPOWER function is one of the engineering functions. It is used to return the result of a complex number raised to the desired power.
The IMPOWER function syntax is:
complex-number is a complex number expressed in a + bi or a + bj form entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
power is a power you wish to raise the complex number to.
To apply the IMPOWER function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Engineering function group from the list,
- click the IMPOWER function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page