The DOLLARFR function is one of the financial functions. It is used to convert a dollar price represented as a decimal number into a dollar price represented as a fraction.
The DOLLARFR function syntax is:
decimal-dollar is a decimal number.
fraction is an integer you wish to use as a denominator for a returned fraction.
Note: for example, the returned value of 1.03 is interpreted as 1 + 3/n, where n is the fraction value.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the DOLLARFR function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Financial function group from the list,
- click the DOLLARFR function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page