The DELTA function is one of the engineering functions. It is used to test if two numbers are equal. The function returns 1 if the numbers are equal and 0 otherwise.
The DELTA function syntax is:
DELTA(number-1 [, number-2])
number-1 is the first number.
number-2 is the second number. It is an optional argument. If it is omitted, the function will assume number-2 to be 0.
The numeric values can be entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
To apply the DELTA function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Engineering function group from the list,
- click the DELTA function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page