The DEC2OCT function is one of the engineering functions. It is used to convert a decimal number into an octal number.
The DEC2OCT function syntax is:
DEC2OCT(number [, num-hex-digits])
number is a decimal number entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
num-hex-digits is the number of digits to display. If omitted, the function will use the minimum number.
Note: if the specified num-hex-digits number is less than or equal to 0, the function will return the #NUM! error.
To apply the DEC2OCT function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Engineering function group from the list,
- click the DEC2OCT function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by commas,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page