The CHOOSE function is one of the lookup and reference functions. It is used to return a value from a list of values based on a specified index (position).
The CHOOSE function syntax is:
index is the position of the value in the argument-list, a numeric value greater than or equal to 1 but less than the number of the number of values in the argument-list,
argument-list is the list of values or the selected range of cells you need to analyze.
To apply the CHOOSE function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Lookup and Reference function group from the list,
- click the CHOOSE function,
- enter the required arguments separating them by comma,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page