The BIN2DEC function is one of the engineering functions. It is used to convert a binary number into a decimal number.
The BIN2DEC function syntax is:
where number is a binary number entered manually or included into the cell you make reference to.
Note: if the argument is not recognised as a binary number, or contains more than 10 characters, the function will return the #NUM! error.
To apply the BIN2DEC function,
- select the cell where you wish to display the result,
- click the Insert Function icon situated at the top toolbar,
or right-click within a selected cell and select the Insert Function option from the menu,
or click the icon situated at the formula bar,
- select the Engineering function group from the list,
- click the BIN2DEC function,
- enter the required argument,
- press the Enter button.
The result will be displayed in the selected cell.
Return to previous page